Only you can tell your story, but here are some quick guidelines to follow to that can help:
- Stay focused and keep to your main points.
- There’s no maximum word count, but keep it as short as possible.
- Write about how you or someone you know has been brave, bold or gold.
- BRAVE individuals inspire others. If you’re a cancer patient, survivor or a close family member or friend, talk about your experience with having to be brave because of this disease.
- BOLD action creates change. If you’ve spoken up for the cause, rallied others, fought for advancements in treatment or taken any bold action to increase awareness or combat childhood cancer, let us know.
- Turning it GOLD is showing your support for all children who are fighting for their lives and those who have passed away. Donating, attending a Turn It Gold event and wearing a gold wristband are all examples of turning it gold
If you’re not sure where to begin, write answers to these questions:
- How has childhood cancer impacted your life or the life of someone you know?
- How do you feel about it?
- What have you done about it?
- What do you want to do?
- How can you help others?
- How can others help you?
Brave individuals inspire others. Bold action creates change. Speak up and Turn It Gold.
Join the conversation in your favorite social channel by using the hashtag #TURNITGOLD